CASE STUDY: Presenting Enterprise Service-Oriented Architecture to IT Management
This presentation describes the main challenges in presenting the benefits of Enterprise SOA and preparing a pragmatic SOA roadmap. The business case is a multinational company aiming at establishing Service-Oriented Architecture for all its European operation. The main requirements are:
- Create a flexible architecture based on a middleware
- Integrate heterogeneous back- and front-end landscapes
- Show the value of the solution on a small scale and extend the solution gradually
Based on this real-life business case the following questions will be addressed:
- What should the Enterprise SOA Roadmap look like?
- What are best practices for explaining SOA to the customer?
- What are the risks involved?