The entire session 13:30 – 17:00 was spent on scoping exercises for the O-TTPF as they refine the Standard and prepare to release Version 1.0, planned for Q1-Q2 of 2012.
What is The Open Group Trusted Technology Forum?
The Open Group Trusted Technology Forum (OTTF) is a Forum established to promote the adoption of best practices to improve the security and integrity of products as they move through the global supply chain. This includes all practices involved in the design, development, production, delivery, and sustainment of products and services associated with Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) Information Technology (IT) components (hardware and software).
Apex Assurance, atsec information security, Boeing, CA Technologies, Carnegie Mellon SEI, Cisco, EMC, Fraunhofer SIT, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, IDA, Juniper Networks, Kingdee, Microsoft, MITRE, NASA, Oracle, OUSD (AT&L), SAIC, SAP, and US DoD/CIO
The purpose of the OTTF:
The Forum will provide a framework of best practices and related guidelines to help the technology and communications industries “build with integrity” by providing vendors, distributors, and integrators with commercially reasonable development, security, and supply chain practices intended to:
- Increase supply chain integrity of commercial products
- Identify procurement strategies to protect the consumer, thereby…
- Supporting global innovation and promoting global adoption, resulting in
- increased confidence in the products and services enabling business and government activities
The OTTF is addressing global supply chain integrity challenges by:
- Setting forth best practices to help reduce the risks that may be introduced from global supply chain providers
- Working with the global community to develop responsible and realistic procurement policies that mitigate the risks introduced from supply chain vulnerabilities for all governments and vertical industries
- Identifying manufacturing practices and checkpoints throughout the lifecycle that mitigate risk from uncontrolled, unprotected development methods and engineering procedures
- Working with global governments to understand their challenges and acquisition requirements in maintaining a safe and secure supply chain
- Aligning the O-TTPF Best Practices with these global requirements to help assure global adoption for a safe secure supply chain